Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andres E Splenser has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Andres E Splenser has the following 15 expertise
- Cholesterol Management
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Weight Loss
- Thyroid Cancer
- Clinical Research
Dr. Andres E Splenser is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Horrible !!! I would not recommend Dr. Splenser unless you are an elderly man with diabetes. Dr. Splenser is completely unqualified to treat any other demographic of people with endocrine disorders (other than diabetes). I originally came here to seek help with my PCOS and after a few visits (because I still was not feeling well) he became irate when I kept asking for help and further examination. He kept denying my symptoms, and denying the side effects of the medication he gave me. Every time he prescribed a medication, he showed me articles on google/webmd that any common person could look up! I actually looked up the same info prior to my visits with him! He was offended when I asked some very specific medical questions that he should have easily been able to answer. So much for using your medical degree. On my last follow-up, he actually referred me to a psychiatrist simply because he was too lazy to diagnose the problem. My current Dr. told me that the pills he prescribed me caused anxiety!! GO FIGURE!! My current Dr. is excellent!! She prescribed the perfect medications and now I feel 100% better. Never once did she look at a computer, and she described the actual (scientific) mechanism of my condition and the associated medications and how certain treatments simply will not work. For those people who have positive reviews for Dr. Splenser, then this review is not for you. I am providing my personal experience and warning others to seek help elsewhere if you are not satisfied with your current medical provider. Listen to your body and keep looking for answers when something isn't right. This experience has had a profound effect on me and I have learned a lot about medical care. I recently found out that I have been accepted to medical school and this experience shows how important it will be for me to have empathy and trust in what my patients tell me. Peace, Love, and Harmony
Doctor is good but hard time getting on the phone for appointments or rescheduling or if you have any questions or urgent matter. Very rarely you can get hold of someone to talk to, otherwise it's always recording even during normal business hours. And then if you schedule you through zocdoc, they will call you a day before to reschedule you since the zocdoc appointment was wrong.
13 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Andres E Splenser accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndres Efrain Splenser Md, 7500 Beechnut St Ste 252, Houston, TX
Dr. Andres E Splenser is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.