- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld MD
Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld, MD is a doctor primarily located in Escondido, CA, with other offices in La Jolla, CA and Carlsbad, CA( and 2 other locations). Their specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry.
Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld has 4 locations
Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- [ "Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO", "Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO" ]
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
More about Dr. Andrew M Blumenfeld
Dr. Blumenfeld focuses on addressing the multi-faceted needs of headache sufferers. These needs include acute care, educational programs and other specialty services. This comprehensive approach treats the whole person in a highly individualized manner and addresses the growing demand for one-stop treatment services. Dr. Blumenfeld has published widely and has been an active researcher in headaches and multiple sclerosis. Dr. Blumenfeld was also a principal investigator of the largest research study showing that Botulinum toxin type A, known as Botox, is an effective preventive therapy for headache pain in chronic sufferers. He has since accrued strong experience in Botox therapy, yet continues to be active in studies that evaluate a wide range of therapies. He believes in an individualized, patient-centered approach that empowers patients to take control of their own health care. This requires that they are fully informed about alternative therapies, and that physicians and patients make joint decisions about treatment, based on lifestyles and other medical factors. In this capacity, he regularly addresses national pharmaceutical meetings, medical conferences, continuing education seminars, and community events. An avid bicyclist, he participated in the Race Across America in 2003 and 2004. He also enjoys running and spending time with his family.