More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Andrew T Cavanagh
Dr. Andrew T Cavanagh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Georgetown, TX, with other offices in Pflugerville, TX and Austin, TX . He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Cavanagh is affiliated with University Medical Center Brackenridge and St Davids Medical Center. Dr. Cavanagh has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew T Cavanagh has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Cavanagh is great. He is friendly, honest and intelligent. I'm so sad to see him leave ARC.
This doctor is horrible! My 8 month old daughter was experiencing stomach pain and he tried to convince me that she had a cold. I took her to his office 2 times in one day and he was very rude when I asked him to perform a uti test. He didn't even examine my babies stomach when he saw her bending over in pain and crying! Less than 24 hours later I took my daughter to the ER and she was rushed to Dell Children's Hospital. Dr. Estrada quickly ordered the appropriate tests and found a blockage in my daughter's intestines. The experienced team of doctors at DCH performed a non-surgical procedure to clear the blockage. Thank GOD for Dr. Estrada for believing me when I said my daughter is having stomach pain!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cavanagh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Andrew T Cavanagh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Andrew T Cavanagh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Georgetown, TX.