Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew R Hector has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Andrew R Hector has the following 10 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Andrew R Hector has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrew R Hector is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
He did a good job of correctly diagnosing my illness after the hospital ER misdiagnosed. He has a nice bed side manner. Very friendly and sincere. I have been seeing him since 2004, and have been very happy.
I was very pleased with my first office visit. His assistant was very friendly and efficient, and as soon as I completed my paperwork, the doctor was ready to see me. Dr. Hector was informative and seemed concerned for my problem. My appointment was just yesterday afternoon, so I'm not sure if the spider veins have completely disappeared yet.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hector is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Andrew R Hector accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndrew R Hector Md, 533 E County Line Rd Ste 204, Greenwood, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew R Hector in this video.
Dr. Andrew R Hector is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenwood, IN.