Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew H Jurow has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I've been a patient of his for over 32 years and have always received exceptional medical care and service. Â He delivered my children and has guided me healthily as I age. Â I have seen him regularly every year for my check-ups, health issues, questions, concerns. Â He is PASSIONATE about health - one thing about Dr. Jurow is he is not stagnant when it comes to the latest medical research, development, and the pursuit of better healthy living...he doesn't just believe in better ways to care for us physically and emotionally, but lives it....he's not just a "doctor", but rather an advocate for his patients. Â He's on numerous Boards and is always striving for better medical resources so that he can provide the best care possible to his patients. Â He listens to his patients, and that includes if you have an issue with someone in his staff or office, then tell him. Â He's there for you, you're his priority. Â I can honesty say I am literally growing older with Dr. Jurow; Â I was a young married woman with no children when I met him, to now a woman past menopause, and he has been with me every step of the way....watching out for me, because he cares. Â He's revolutionary Â with his medical approaches, most importantly he will tell you the truth, he doesn't just Â say what you want to hear like I have found with some doctors just so they can get a good review. Â With Yelp and other search engines, apparently it's become all about reviews now and I have seen how it has affected our medical care over the years. Â One thing that has been consistent is Dr. Jurow's passion for providng the latest, the best, medical care, options and treatments, for his patients. Â I joke about how he and I are aging together, the difference is he looks fantastic. Â Because he doesn't just preach the latest health benefits, he LIVES it, and is certainly living proof of that....that is what he tries to share with his patients....for both men and women! Â Yes, men seek his medical advice as well! Â I know several men who see him, my husband included! Â We feel confident every time we see him, that we're in excellent hands.
While the office staff is less than desirable, I found Dr.Jurow very nice,informative and caring. He answered all my questions and addressed all my concerns. He got me all the information I needed for my surgery and made me feel at ease during a very stressful time in my life. Meanwhile who ever is in charge of hiring the office staff..they should get the BOOT!
Dr. Jurow is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Andrew H Jurow accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMills-Peninsula Medical Center, 1501 Trousdale Dr, Burlingame, CA
Dr. Andrew H Jurow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burlingame, CA.