Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew R Altman has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Andrew R Altman has the following 13 expertise
- Laser Medicine & Surgery
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
Dr. Andrew R Altman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Andrew R Altman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
God has sent Dr.Altman in my life ,I have visited several dermatologist in the past 15 years battling sever Acne ,believe me folks from London ,New York to Florida ,I'm just an average hard working class person but I have heard it all from dr's and their assistants that they push you off to see because they are too busy to see you and tried all the medication you can think of ,I am African American patient and from the day I walk in to Dr Altman 's office to today 8mths later my skin is transformed to smooth as "A BABY 'S BOTTOM" he is smart, courteous ,and always has a good word of encouragement and most of all HE GET'S ACNE CLEARED ALL MY BREAK OUT GONE!!my husband is very happy with my results .Thank to Dr.Altman my confidence is to the ROOF
I have chronic skin issues and through the years had many less than great experiences with dermatologists who were overbooked, or just plain disinterested. When I found Dr Altman I knew I had found quality. I have had insurance issues and I change insurance so I can keep him has my dermatologist. The appointments are accommodating and the wait is five minutes most of the time. His staff is friendly and courteous and I am sure he wouldn't have it any other way. He is a real find!
Dr. Altman is a really good, down to earth doctor. He makes you feel at ease and it's easy to get an appointment. His staff is friendly and helpful. It's a pleasure to visit his office. My acne has gotten much more manageable just as he said it would. I will continue seeing him and would def recommend him to my friends.
Dr. Altman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Andrew R Altman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAndrew R Altman Md Pa, 137 NW 100th Ave, Plantation, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew R Altman in this video.
Dr. Andrew R Altman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plantation, FL.