Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Andrew T Shimer
Dr. Andrew T Shimer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in McKinney, TX. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Shimer is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen and Dallas Regional Medical Center (Galloway Campus). Dr. Shimer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Andrew T Shimer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Andrew T Shimer has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Andrew T Shimer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I received Botox from the R.N. Tina? What a joke! I highly doubt she has a real license! She was a fumbling fool, she injected botox in my forehead, it doesn't even look like anything was injected. It's been over a month! What a waste of time and money. I contacted the office Manager and it's obvious they are running some type of circus! I am requesting a refund and they are refusing. The doctor will not even talk to me. Please don't waste your time or money.
This will be my 2nd baby my first also delivered by Dr Shimer is 15 months old. I am due in 5 weeks. Craig Ranch OBGYN is great. They are usually always on time, very friendly and yet professional. Staff is truly amazing, from the front desk, to the nurses in the back (Julia, Carolyn are super-duper)to the check out gals. Dr Shimer is wonderful, very knowledgeable and kind. All the doctors are great there actually. If you are thinking of or having a baby I would recommend Dr Andrew Shimer and Craig Ranch OBGYN
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shimer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Andrew T Shimer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO