Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andrew P Siskind has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
God very tired from idiot doctors that just take the money and was looking for a fresh startâ¦ Booked an appointment for a physical after reading very good reviews here. Pretty much that's what sold me. Waited 3 month for a new patient appointment. Came to find out that physicals are not done on the 1st visit, so I'm not even sure why I need to come in for on the first visit. It basically was to say hello and pay the co-pay. The doctor maybe good maybe not, I have not had a chance to really find out, so this review is more about his practice/office staff. At my visit I've mentioned a few concerns I've had do to work environment and ergonomics etc, doctor simply handed the referral to physical therapy without really looking/feeling what the issue may even be. The front desk staff is not the friendliest and almost feels like they have an attitude... judging by how busy the doctor is they don't have to worry about being short with clients. What got me is the fact that the doctor is SO busy that if you were to get sick and call in to make an appointment the doctor wouldn't have availability for several weeks to see the patient. Might as well go to emergency at that point. I guess if I was advised of such constrains upfront when I was calling to make an appointment I would have gone to another specialist who actually has time for clients. My advice to the doctor's office: Stop taking new patience in until you have room and time for them, period! Greed is at its best.
Dr. Siskind was responsible for my mother while she was in a skilled nursing facility. He only saw her physically 1 time in 10 weeks, leaving everything to his PA. His office staff is disorganized and close to useless. They barely respond to requests, and are unable to follow through with the simplest of requests, like getting him to sign important papers - like discharge papers. I wouldn't want to see my hamster under his care.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2015, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2014, 2015, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1982
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Andrew P Siskind accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Andrew P Siskind in this video.
Dr. Andrew P Siskind is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.