Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Andy Abril has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Andy Abril has the following 11 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Patient Care
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Andy Abril has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
From my 1 experience, I would recommend Dr. Abril. I had a + ANA that was not borderline along with other abnormal tests and lots of symptoms. I had seen previous rheums who either misdiagnosed me or were not willing to help me as as "lots of healthy people have + ANA's" which I completly understand but I have symptoms. Dr. Abril looked at my pics and the symptoms I had during the exam and my previous labs and confirmed my suscipions and gave me my dx that day. I can not comment on his followup as Mayo is mainly a consulation center. When I did meet with him, he was personable and spent time with me. Dr. Abril also seemed knowledgable. I did have to wait awhile due to scheduling but that was not the fault of Dr. Abril and it was a fluke.
Dr. Andy Abril accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMayo Clinic Hospital, 4500 San Pablo Rd S, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Andy Abril is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.