Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ann H Calland has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ann H Calland has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 23
This woman is nuts! Very judgmental! She gets frustrated you just being there. I went for a Pap because I was having pain. When she came in the room for the exam and asked what I was here for today I explained my issue she started slamming things and got frustrated and asked why I would come to her for that. I let it go thinking she was having a bad day we all do. But the next appointment all I was doing was getting refills on my medicine and she had some bully call me 45 minutes before my appointment and ask what I was coming for. I said refills. She responded don't you see a specialist for that as well? I said yes but he was unable.....she cut me off and said again don't you see a specialist for that as well. I started explaining again the situation and she cut me off in the middle again, with attitude and and yelling she said AGAIN... I said if you won't let me finish the story how can I explain. She said Ann won't see you, you need to work it out with your other doctor. If she would have taken the time to listen the specialist was retiring and I needed another referral and I needed treatment until I could get a new doctor. Ann and who ever her the Bulldog was are very very rude! I called my specialist office and he apologized for her and said he had heard about her doing this to others. Of course I would never go back to her nor would I recommend anyone or (so called doctor) who is annoyed by someone in need.
About 5 years ago, After being a patient of Dr. Ann's for around 20 years, I was informed by the staff, when I called to make an appointment, that she was no longer going to see me due to a past due balance. I had paid this balance but even offered to pay it again in order to keep the doctor. I was told no, she was refusing to see people who didn't pay. I asked if I could speak to her and was told no that it would not change her mind. I was hurt and disappointed. She was a trusted doctor and I felt I knew her...guess I was wrong.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Calland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Ann H Calland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Practice Center, 190 S State St Ste A, Westerville, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ann H Calland in this video.
Dr. Ann H Calland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westerville, OH.