Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ann M Kools has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ann M Kools has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Ann M Kools has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 7
Had my first ever colonoscopy last week...Dr. Kools had the honor of being the first person to perform this delicate procedure on me. Dr. Kools explained everything beforehand and talked throughout the procedure about what she was doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Kools and the staff at Park Nicolette.
What was most memorable about Dr. Kools was her expressionless face and few words spoken. She seemed lifeless, to me, at the time but, still, I figured she was a doctor and trusted her implicitly. She had a report from Mayo which recommended I be put on a trial of URSO. If she had followed Mayo's recommendation, I wouldn't be as advanced in my liver disease as I am today. After ten years I began to feel congestion in my liver and asked to go back to Mayo and she refused to give me a referral. She told me "It costs too much and, besides, there's nothing that can be done to help anyway". She had already written me off. I decided to back to Mayo without her referral, found a doctor who immediately put me on URSO and my liver profile returned to normal. That proved I had PBC, a diagnosis she never bothered to pursue. It's been 4-5 years, now, and my profile is still normal. The previous scarring that had occurred over the years (I have cirrhosis) is still there but she never explained it to me what was taking place in my liver and so I was clueless about what was happening all along) The URSO would have slowed down the process of scarring, considerably, if she had only followed the Mayo recommendations she had in my medical file. I have wanted to write to her (don't trust myself to see her face to face) but have been too angry at her for being so uncaring.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
36 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Ann M Kools accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPark Nicollet Methodist Hospital, 6500 Excelsior Blvd, Minneapolis, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ann M Kools, MD - Gastroenterology in Minneapolis, MN, in this video.
Dr. Ann M Kools is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.