Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anthony T Carter
Dr. Anthony T Carter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport News, VA. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Carter is affiliated with Bon Secours Mary Immaculate Hospital and Orthopaedic Hospital at Sentara CarePlex. Dr. Carter has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anthony T Carter has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 101
The day I went to see Dr Carter, I was given an Xray, waited 2 hours-and in walks a nurse practitioner or maybe just an assistant, explaining the doctor was busy. There was no expert opinion as to what I may be dealing with, no exppanation of my Xray, yet I was charged for a visit and extra for Xray. Complaint went nowhere. I do not believe these 5 star ratings are real patient reviews. This doctor picks and chooses to the point of excluding patients who may need an evaluation or just an opinion to be able to continue to the next level of treatment. The entire staff was rude that day and cannot believe they still see patients on any continual basis. The whole visit was just wrong.
The best. Recovery very quick. Hardly any pain. His method is the. Best. My husband also had 2 partial knee and it was a breeze for him. Would not let anyone else do Hip or knee replacement.
Be sure to have surgery early in the year so the second surgery to repair first surgery does not cost you 2 deductibles. Anything he does is considered services rendered at top dollar even if it is to drain large blood filled sacks brought on by hurry to make next dollar. Stay away unless you have a lot of money and time to heal yourself.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2014, 2009, 2012, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2014, 2015, 2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Carter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York University
Dr. Anthony T Carter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHampton Roads Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, 730 Thimble Shoals Blvd Ste 130, Newport News, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anthony T Carter in this video.
Dr. Anthony T Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport News, VA.