The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Antoanella B Calame MD
Dr. Antoanella B Calame has 2 locations
7300 Girard Ave Ste 202
La Jolla, CA 92037
Dr. Antoanella B Calame has the following 2 specialties
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Antoanella B Calame has the following 15 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Collagen Therapy
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Acne Rosacea
- Skin Diseases
Dr. Antoanella B Calame is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Superb & extremely considerate physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Antoanella B Calame - Posted on March 8th, 2019
Visited with Dr. Calame via telehealth. Quick diagnosis and great treatment plan. Above that, she was thinking of me in between our visits. It's difficult enough to get most doctors to focus on you while you're in the room with them. So Dr. Calame's thinking of my pain and going the extra mile outside of our visits speaks volumes about the level of care she has for her patients. I will absolutely see her again and I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Antoanella B Calame - Posted on July 18th, 2013
Dr. Calame is one of the best doctors I have ever had privilege to meeting. She explained in detail what my medical issues were and she gave me multiple options on how to treat them and she allowed me to choose which option was best for me. Her knowledge of dermatopathology is untouchable and can't be compared to any other doctor that I know. She was extremely helpful and polite and I was diagnosed quickly and my appointment and waiting time was not long at all. I would recommend this doctor to anyone that asked.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Antoanella B Calame - Posted on May 10th, 2013
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Univ Of Ca
Dr. Antoanella B Calame Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Antoanella B Calame
Dr. Antoanella Calame, after receiving her BS Summa Cum Laude at California Lutheran University, received her MD degree from UCSD in the highest class rank percentile. She completed an Internal Medicine Internship, Mohs Surgery Research Fellowship, and Dermatology Residency at UCSD before going to UTSW to study Dermatopathology under Dr. Clay Cockerell, the leading expert in the field. Dr. Calame currently lives in San Diego with her husband and son. She is the Medical Director of Compass Dermatopathology, where she diagnoses patients at the microscopic level and mentors an international fellow. In addition, she divides her time between Boughton Dermatology, Poway Dermatology, and Yuma Dermatology seeing patients and staying current in clinical manifestations of dermatopathology.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Antoanella B Calame is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.