Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Anton A Thompkins
Dr. Anton A Thompkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chesterton, IN, with another office in Michigan City, IN. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Thompkins is affiliated with St.Vincent Kokomo and Parkview Hospital Randallia. Dr. Thompkins has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Anton A Thompkins has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Anton A Thompkins has the following 6 expertise
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Anton A Thompkins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 33
Getting an appointment was quick, the doctor was awesome, and explained everything well. However my hour and forty five minute wait was ridiculous, and the receptionist was not very friendly in fact not sure if I would make any further appointments in that office again. The doctor and friendly staff make an office pleasant; its too bad it only takes one employee to wreck it!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Thompkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. Anton A Thompkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Anton A Thompkins in this video.
Dr. Anton A Thompkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterton, IN.