Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Aruna Pillai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Aruna Pillai has the following 10 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Aruna Pillai has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Pillai is the best, a friend recommended her to me and I am happy that I followed her advice. She is kind, listens to your concerns and gives great medical care and advice. I have seen her several times this year and she is always the same. I have had many doctors over the years being a military dependent and I have to say that my decision to find a doctor downtown was the best one I made. Wish I would have started seeing her sooner. I plan on having her as my doctor for many years to come.
I felt as if she did not feel that I had a real problem. She was giving me samples of a medication and then started talking to the patient who was called back before me before I could even thank her. Then she was talking to staff members about coming over to her house for snacks. I did like the compassion she was showing for the gentlemen but when I have pain and am paying to be seen I would like some companion also. That did make me reconsider staying with her but I have not really made up my mind yet. I have a totally wonderful OB/GYN so maybe I am being a little unfair to her. Will give it one more chance.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Pillai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Allegheny General Hospital
Dr. Aruna Pillai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsAruna Pillai Md, 707 N Houston Rd, Warner Robins, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Aruna Pillai in this video.
Dr. Aruna Pillai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warner Robins, GA.