Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Atiya M Atique
Dr. Atiya M Atique, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Midlothian, VA. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Atiya M Atique has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Atiya M Atique has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Atiya M Atique is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atiya M Atique - Posted on January 14th, 2017
My experience with Dr. Atique was great. I didn't have to wait a long time to see her and she was very friendly as well personable. I found her to be very thorough as she explained her examination procedure, what she was looking for and the type of meds prescribed. I was very comfortable with her! She is great.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atiya M Atique - Posted on January 3rd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atiya M Atique - Posted on December 12th, 2016
Good bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atiya M Atique - Posted on November 11th, 2016
Everything I Want In a Doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Atiya M Atique - Posted on October 14th, 2016
Dr. Atique is very attentive and friendly everytime I visit her and I have been a patient of hers for many years! She explains things thoroughly and does what she says! I wanted to take my 75 year old mother to see her, but she does not accept Medicare or Medicare and new patients or something as such. That is disappointing as I know my mom would lover her!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
Dhaka Medical College
Graduated in 1995
East Jefferson General Hospital
Dr. Atiya M Atique Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Atiya M Atique
Get personal attention for your family...not just an appointment. For your family's healthcare needs, Physicians of Family Medicine provides quality wellness and prevention services in your neighborhood. We can help prevent illness and when you are sick, our same-day appointments can help you feel better quickly.
Locations & DirectionsPHYSICIANS OF FAMILY MEDICINE, 13861 Hull Street Rd Ste 100, Midlothian, VA
Dr. Atiya M Atique is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Midlothian, VA.