Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Augusto E Focil has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Dr. Augusto E Focil has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Augusto E Focil has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
orst experience of my life. Got to my apt. 15 minutes early. Waited 30 mins for paperwork and an hour and a half before i was called into a room. All together i was there 3 hours!! The best part... the Dr. Was a grade A rude rude rude man!!! Kept interrupting me when i was explaining my symptoms, told the girl to hurry and finish so they could get me out. He asked me a question and i brought it up later and his response, i dont care.... he told me to find another dr... in other words he didnt want me as his patient. The worst.... he told me i was stressed due to beimg a mommy and "relationship issues".. he has no idea what my personal life is like. This was my first appt.!!! Horrible horrible man.... i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. He interrupted me, raised his voice, said he didnt care when i said something and basically made me out to be crazy. He basically wouldn't help me. I have never met a dr. That was so arrogant in my life. Save yourself the trouble go to someone who is waaaaaay more professional than this sorry excuse for a physician. Then one of the front desk ladies came to talk to me, once i said i needed to talk to someone about the way he spoke to me. She went to check with him first .. don't know why and then she came and told me that im stressed and its not his fault!! What!??? What is she talking about? then i had to wait to sign a paper so they could send a sample to the lab, if they were gonna send it to the lab anyway why didnt they have me sign it before? Why did he do the procedure with no intention of sending off the sample? They didnt have me sign the paper until i went back to complain about how he wasnt going to help me. He told me to find another dr. (Gladly), but why did he take a sample and not get the paperwork signed by me to send off until i wemt back? Because he wasnt going to do his job! SHADY and DISHONEST if you ask me. I honestly cannot even wrap my head around the way this man treated and spoke to me. I WILL be filing a complaint with the medical board
When I was a cash patient & paid from $200 - $800 office visit including lab work, Dr. Focil treated me like a queen. When I converted to Medi-cal he treated me like trash, he was very rude hardly paid attention to what I had to say & rubbed in my face that he was only getting paid $8 for my visit. The last day that I stepped a foot in this office was when I had waited 2 hours to be seen and when he finally came in to the room he said he didn't have time to see me that there was nothing he could do for me. (because I was medi-cal) I walked out crying my eyes, I was so humiliated. Talking to other people, they have expressed very badly about Dr. Focil. I wish there was more people writing reviews on him.
I was ignored, I was given responses from Dr.Focil and staff which were intended to make me feel stupid, and I waited 1 hour and a half INSIDE their office even though I had an appointment.I was seen by Dr.Focil, but I was NOT treated and didn't get what I went for. Dr.Focil still billed the insurance company to make his money. They shooed me outside their office and told me through the window to make another appointment that he was too busy. Medi-cal moochers. This is the worst place to go to. I then needed my lab results, and they simply said that I had to make an appointment for that just so I can get a copy of a paper. These people make their money off of visits... In the end I paid over 200.00 dollars to be seen by another doctor in Oxnard who didn't accept my insurance only because Dr.Focil and his team kept trying to assign me appointments and were very rude. Trust me, I'd rather pay then go here.
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Augusto E Focil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFocil Medical Inc, 300 S A St Ste 105, Oxnard, CA
Dr. Augusto E Focil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oxnard, CA.