Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry A Kogan has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urinary Bladder Outlet Obstruction
- Spermatic Cord Torsion
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Catheterization
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Diseases
- Pathologic Dilatation
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urinary Bladder Disorders
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Urination Disorders
- Bladder Issues
- Vesico-Ureteral Reflux
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Male Infertility
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 24
The visit was part of a hospital consultation on a 3 y.o w/high functioning autism and urinary retention w/pain. He is an intelligent child w/verbal skills. There was no engagement w/the mother or other family members and no interest was demonstrated toward the child. In fact, the autism was cited as the cause. I am an RN and was a peds instructor at AMC. Very disappointed in the treatment of my grandson.
Dr. Kogan is a excellent doctor. He is great with children. After my daughters surgery he came to the waiting room to talk to my husband and I. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Kogan. Most of the office staff is great, but their is one receptionist who is very rude. Sheila from Dr. Kogan's office is great she has made a difficult situation very easy.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2012, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kogan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Barry A Kogan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Barry A Kogan in this video.
Dr. Barry A Kogan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.