Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Barry B Schneidewind has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
Showing 5 of 10
I really liked this doctor's profile. The company I work for has Blue Shield which is supposed to cover Sutter but I was just nicely told Dr. Barry Shn just stopped accepting PPO patients. WHAT THE *(* kind of crap is that?! Why am I paying all this money all my working life for insurance when PPO is supposed to LET me CHOOSE MY Doctor??!! Thanks For Nothing, DOC! Update your website and say Hey instead of "taking new patients, say "I don't want you PPO people!" At least your staff was very nice and helpful but had to send me elsewhere farther from home. I am ONLY giving the stars for the staff, NOT the doctor because I could not even sign up with him. PPO people are human too and some of us despise going to urgent care.
Terrible doctor. Too lazy to read file. Takes no history. Told me, quadriplegic, to get more exercise, by email, to control diabetes. I called him on it and he became very vindictive, refusing to renew 2 medications I have been taking 40 and 20 years. Now I too have to change offices and go out of town. I don't know why Sutter keeps him on. To get rid of patients? No other doc there will work with him - cover when he is out. Expect l-o-n-g waits for routine pharmacy refills unless staff can OK them. Before, I had Dr. Applebaum of same office. She moved to Sutter-Davis. If you live there, grab her. Great physician.
Overall the front office is good. One lady however is about as nice as the wicked witch of the west. Dr Barry S.:Wish we would have read the reviews before we went to this dr. One of them sounded so familiar it was scary. He comes in the room gets on the computer and types for about 5 minutes without saying a word to the people in the room. Then he does not want to answer or listen to patient questions. When he was forced to answer a rather easy question he answered it in a very demeaning manner. We were shocked at how rude he was. He just wants to be the one in charge and only wants to see "Stepford Patients". On the second and final visit he did his usual entrance and started ordering tests and procedures w/o even asking me why I was there. I asked about a concern I had. He told me, "Oh that is another visit!!!". He started making statements and giving his professional opinion about my possible issue w/o even letting me talk! I was shocked!After all of this my wife called the office to get an appointment with one of the other doctors who we really had be been referred to and the front office told her, "We have an office policy not let patients change doctors within the office." She told them that we were not happy with service from the doctor we were seeing and would be leaving the office since we could not change doctors. The front desk told her to have a good day. OBVIOUSLY WE WILL.. Never going to see that office again even if he is the last doctor on the planet.
36 Years Experience
Kansas City University Of Medicine And Biosciences
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Barry B Schneidewind accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsSutter Medical Group Lincoln, 685 Twelve Bridges Dr Ste B, Lincoln, CA
Dr. Barry B Schneidewind is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lincoln, CA.