Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Behzad B Ourmazdi has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Behzad B Ourmazdi has the following 9 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Behzad B Ourmazdi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
Dr Ourmazdi seemed, in general, well versed in his specialty. Unfortunately, throughout my mother's experience with him seemed to be working from a script unrelated to my mother's medical history. He made recommendations for home-care and assisted living when she is still quite capably living independently. Even worse, he apparently misread or mis-remembered a recommendation from another specialist. That error ended up in my mother having to undergo yet more testing that was, based on all the existing test results, totally unnecessary. When we asked why he had required these extra tests, his answers were evasive and eventually proven without basis. He claimed that another specialist had recommended them, but when we pressed to see that recommendation, and he looked it up on his computer, he found it did not say what he'd claimed. But he didn't back down, just blustered his way through it. Previously, when results from one of the tests his staff had administered proved much better than he expected, he insisted on manually re-testing my mother (three times) right there (during the summary/exit interview). This was after insisting she must have had someone in the room with her when she took the computerized test (she did not; his staff could have verified that without him all but accusing my mother of lying). I honestly don't know what his issue was but we experienced this doctor as less than professional, lacking integrity, and unwilling to remedy what even he realized (when pressed) was a clear mistake on his part. We absolutely do not recommend this physician.
Avoid this doctor. He is not competent and a danger to people that need real medical treatment. He misdiagnosed on three occasions, will put inaccurate and derogatory comments in his notes to protect himself. He does no follow-up and submits fraudulent billings. Please protect yourself by reviewing all records he maintains. Worst of all, he is a fake and incompetent neurologist. His services are a waste of money.
21 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Behzad B Ourmazdi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCamarillo Neurological Center, 4000 Calle Tecate Ste 112, Camarillo, CA
Dr. Behzad B Ourmazdi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Camarillo, CA.