Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bhanuprasad X Koneru has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Palliative Care
- Clinical Research
Showing 5 of 5
I went to the emergency room experiencing chest pain. Dr Koneru came by after 3 hours (not nessecarily his fault). He took my medical and personal history. I was admited for tests. I spent the next day getting a myriad of tests (but no heart ultrasound). Dr Koneru relaesed me from the hospital and said that the pain were caused by my taking ibuprofen for my back and my drinking(never have touched the stuff). 10,000 dollars. Last month I go in for my physical and there are irregularities on my EKG. My Doctor orders an ultra-sound and there seem to be somethings she would like us to see a cardiologist about. She asks what doctor we saw in the hospital we tell her Dr. Koneru. She tells us it was a local cardiologist named Dr. Price (never saw him). All this aside he is just a very unsettling man with poor social skills.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Koneru is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. Bhanuprasad X Koneru accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLee Cancer Clinic, 12781 World Plaza Ln Ste 1, Fort Myers, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bhanuprasad X Koneru in this video.
Dr. Bhanuprasad X Koneru is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.