Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Bhavini B Bhavsar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Bhavini B Bhavsar has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
I suffered serious acute pancreatitus, which resulted in a damaged pancreas, which within 3 months, was followed by Thyroid Cancer. As a result, I was referred to Dr. Bhavsar and treated for an entire year when it was discovered, during a Pre-Operative appointment by another hospital for a back surgery, that my blood sugar was over 300! Dr. Bhavsar had done exactly one blood sugar analysis on me about 5 days prior to this. When I came home in shock after my surgery was canceled due to undiagnosed assumed diabetes, I found an email from Dr. Bhavsar telling me that "we" needed to meet and look over my blood sugar log because my A1c was too high and "we needed to up my insulin." I was not diabetic (to my knowledge) and none of my medical records indicated diabetes! What was she talking about? Most importantly, why after a more than a year following serious damage to my pancreas, had my blood sugar not been followed? This was only one of many mistakes & issues over the last two two years. Recently on my health record, I noticed "Diabetes Type 2 and Diabetic Nephropathy." First, when my diabetes was diagnosed, Dr. Bhavsar told me I have Type 1 Diabetes, and that my damaged pancreas is producing some insulin but that would likely stop. In addition, I'd never been told, nor had I ever heard of, Diabetic Nephropathy. The response? No, you have Type 2; no explanation as to why the first diagnosis. And the Diabetic Nephropathy explanation was "No, you don't have that, I don't know why that's there." Even more recently, after a nerve conduction test, I was diagnosed with diabetic neuropathy in my legs and feet. This after Dr. Bhavsar had dismissed the numbness and tingling in my legs and feet, saying she was absolutely positive it was not diabetic neuropathy.
17 Years Experience
Smt Nhl Municipal Medical College
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Bhavini B Bhavsar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bhavini B Bhavsar in this video.
Dr. Bhavini B Bhavsar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Vancouver, WA.