Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Boris M Vaisman
Dr. Boris M Vaisman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodland Hills, CA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Vaisman is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center and Northridge Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Vaisman has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Boris M Vaisman has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Boris M Vaisman has the following 4 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Boris M Vaisman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 34
I am a typical guy, I just don't like going to doctors. I met Boris for the first time maybe 7 years ago or so. He is not your typical doctor, he actually makes me feel like I'm talking to an old friend. For me to not be uncomfortable about seeing my doctor, well that has never happened to me. This guy doesn't talk down to you, he understands that we are all human and sometimes we are doing everything right while other times we do everything wrong (it's so much more fun to be wrong). Bottom line, since I started seeing the doc, I feel so much more at ease with my health since I know what is going on with me and just like in the movies, I can actually tell him anything and am not afraid of him preaching at me as if I don't know when Im being unhealthy. This is the perfect doc for any guy that is uncomfortable about going to see the doctor.
He misdiagnosed my mother on two accounts, she went to him with shortness of breath, he prescribed an inhaler, when she called a week later saying it was worse and needing to see him the receptionist wouldn't let her see him, a few days later she called 911, she was taken to the hospital where they found that she had stage 4 lung cancer! Her ankles were swollen, he said it was gout, to keep them elevated, the oncologist had them ultra-sounded, there were blood clots, two of which had gone to her lungs!
I can't believe this doctor is in business! First of all my appointment was at 2:45 didn't get paperwork until 4:15pm then got put into a room where I waited another 20 mins! To get a horrible experience with the Dr. Vaisman. He was rude, obnoxious, insensitive, and much more!!!!!! I will definitely be going to the board of Doctors because his unprofessional demeanor.
Very rude staff Dr Vaisman did not return call after 2 messages were left!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vaisman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Glendale Adventist Medical Center
Dr. Boris M Vaisman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWoodland Hills Urgent Care Center, 22600 Ventura Blvd Ste 101, Woodland Hills, CA
Dr. Boris M Vaisman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodland Hills, CA.