Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brandon M Peters has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Peters is not to bad, his secretary is a piece of work though. I have been in there twice and she either had two bad days or she is always high-strung and rude. I felt like I was inconveniencing her and him by being there. I was trying to order a prescription and she made it very difficult, using the words "we are doing a favor for you" as if their purpose is something other than ordering medical help for their patients. I was even accused (hastily and wrongly by the way) of fraud in front of an office full of people.
My family has been seeing Dr.Peters for almost 20 years. He and his staff have gone out of their way to take care of all of us. Dr.Peters never lets on that he is in a hurry or behind. He spends all the time needed to listen and explain our concerns. He is always cordial and respectful. I told him the other day that I didnt know what I would do without him, and I meant it.We are very lucky to have him as it is getting harder and harder to find doctors who really care.
Doctor Peters has a small family practice that was his dad's who was a great family Doctor just as Brandon is.As far as the staff, It's a very very busy small office with so many regular patients that sometimes there is just no way he can see them all. The Staff do double duty, as nurse, bookkeeper,liaison with hospital's and lab's as well as many other fields of experties. I would say find another MD if you don't like mine, He's a great guy and his people are the BEST.
Dr. Peters is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Brandon M Peters accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNortheastern Family Medicine, 206 S Road St, Elizabeth City, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brandon M Peters in this video.
Dr. Brandon M Peters is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elizabeth City, NC.