The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Branimir Sikic
Dr. Branimir Sikic, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stanford, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Sikic is affiliated with Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford, Stanford Hospital and Clinics and Stanford Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Branimir Sikic has the following 3 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Branimir Sikic has the following 19 expertise
- Acute Erythroblastic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Breast Cancer
- Cancer (Experimental)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- DNA Damage
- Developmental Disorders
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Investigational Therapies
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
Dr. Branimir Sikic is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
The wait at the office is always very long and has varied from 1 hour to 4.5 hours. We have also been put in the exam room and forgotten. (After spending 1.5 hours in the exam room without being seen, we went into the waiting room to find it dark and all of the office staff gone. We had to go to the infusion center to find someone to help us.)The residents are always knowledgeable and helpful, but Dr. Sikic is usually unwilling to answer any questions or provide any information about the diagnosis.
Dr. Sikic is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Stanford Medical Center
41 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBranimir Ivan Sikic MD, 943 Mears Ct, Stanford, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Branimir Sikic in this video.
Dr. Branimir Sikic is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.