Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brenda M Barry MD
Dr. Brenda M Barry, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orlando, FL. Her specialties include Bariatric Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. She speaks English.
Dr. Brenda M Barry has the following 2 specialties
- Bariatric Medicine
Bariatric medicine focuses on the causes, prevention and treatment of obesity. Bariatric specialists are trained in medically supervised weight loss and the management of obesity as a chronic condition. These specialists are skilled in various disciplines that help patients lose weight and obtain optimal health.
The field encompasses dieting, exercise and behavioral therapy, anti-obesity medication, pharmacotherapy and surgery. Bariatric specialists might be from surgical backgrounds and perform obesity-related operations or they might be nutrition and hormone focused, prescribing diet and exercise plans as well as weight loss medications.
Patients defined as obese or having unhealthy Body Mass Indices (BMI) have much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, asthma, sleep apnea, hypertension, many types of cancer and chronic musculoskeletal problems.
One subspecialty of bariatrics is the focus on the correlation between obesity and mortality.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Brenda M Barry has the following 5 expertise
- Obesity (Bariatrics)
- Overweight Related Conditons
Showing 5 of 24
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda M Barry - Posted on February 7th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda M Barry - Posted on February 5th, 2019
great service, trans friendly
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda M Barry - Posted on January 29th, 2019
Super friendly and knowledgeable staff!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda M Barry - Posted on July 11th, 2018
This was my first visit and I was remarkably pleases with the entire visit. I would highly recommend this office. Every person there was exceptional. Dr Leigh White was extremely knowledgeable, gentle, thorough and kind. The nurse, the ultrasonographer, the front desk lady, and Cindy in check-out were all truly top notch in this field. Thank you for your kindness.
Professional and Honest
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brenda M Barry - Posted on April 17th, 2018
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Brenda M Barry Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Brenda M Barry
Dr. Barry graduated from the State University of New York College of Medicine in Syracuse, New York and completed her residency at the Medical College of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. She is Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and in Bariatric Medicine. Dr. Barry has completed extensive studies in Gynecology and Weight Management under physicians recognized for their expertise in these fields. She is a specialist in healthcare for women, including the early detection and prevention of disease as well as the maintenance of a state of optimal health. Dr. Barry has been certified as a menopause practitioner by the North American Menopause Society. She believes in partnering with you to ensure you are an informed and active participant in decisions affecting your health. Please call 407-898-1500 if you need help making an appointment
Locations & DirectionsWOMEN CARE, 930 Lake Baldwin Ln, Orlando, FL
Dr. Brenda M Barry is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Orlando, FL.