Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Brian K Stein has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brian K Stein has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Brian K Stein has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Dr. Stein is the kind of Doctor you find yourself at ease with. Hes down to earth and takes the time to listen to you and goes above and beyond to help you. His sense of humor brightens ones day when your not feeling well. He has always done right by me and my family. My Dad was a very sick man and I credit Dr. Stein with keeping him alive for many years. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Dr Stein and his staff. He really takes the time to sit and listen and explains in detail to make sure you understand.
Appointments are double booked so wait time is awful. Then he rushes in and rushes out. I've mentioned reasons for my visit and most weren't even talked about. You get a prescription for anti depressants and anti anxiety medication no matter the reason for the visit and you're done. Pushes medications with dangerous side effects after you express concerns about them. Can't get an appointment for a week when you're sick and keeps accepting new patients. Seems he's all about the money instead of the patients' health. I'm so concerned about such a lack of care in changing PCPs. Actually the worst physician I've ever seen.
This is one of the most poorly run doctor's offices I've ever visited. The doctor himself is OK but the office manager and assistant office manager are miserable and unprofessional. They should both quit and give a younger person a chance. You cannot contact the office by telephone because the phone is busy all day long and if there is a message, it is usually about a week old. There is never an option to leave a voice mail so there is no way to contact the doctor, unless you just go to the office to have your questions addressed. I cannot believe anyone would tolerate this kind of unprofessionalism.
My family loves Dr. Stein and his staff. His staff is always extremely helpfull. Dr. Stein never rushes you and always listens to your issues. He has been extremely helpful in helping us with health issues are family has dealt with in the past few years. I would recommend him to anyone that needed a family doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Stein is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Brian K Stein accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBrian K Stein Do, 3790 Morrell Ave Ste A, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Brian K Stein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.