Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brian J Leberthon
Dr. Brian J Leberthon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Covina, CA, with another office in La Puente, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Leberthon has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Brian J Leberthon has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Bone Marrow Transplant
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I hope for his sake that Dr. Leberthon reads these reviews. His staff is dragging him down, way down. I hope he will take charge and hire good, kind people to surround himself with, because they look stressed, unhappy and careless and that energy transfers over to his patients. What a shame that his wonderful way of caring for his patients is not put into effect when selecting his staff. I understand his wife's hand is in there, too bad because he is the one the patients seek for care.
Great, knowledgable, caring Doctor with a poor, uncaring, insensitive and under-trained staff. The thing is, the staff represents the doctor and no matter how good he is, unless his crew is on the same level, they bring him way down, and that seems to be okay with him because he's kept the same horrible office manager for years. Too bad, really.
As a newly diagnosed Cancer patient, Dr. LeBerthon took the time to explain all the test that were done by other doctors and how they relate to my diagnosis. He is a compassionate physician and you don't see that in doctors these days. From the Office Manager to the Receptionists at the front desk, they all have the patient's best interest at heart. I am blessed to have found such a dedicated physician.
Has refused many times to give results to bloodwork. Has ordered treatments without patient consent. Does not like being questioned. Average wait time before seeing doctor is 2 hours. Although have waited up to 3 hours several times. Patient files are left laying around for anyone to see. Very messy office and chemo area. Very disorganized. Current nurse grunts at patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
25 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1993
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Brian J Leberthon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Brian J Leberthon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Covina, CA.