- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Brick E Alva has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brick E Alva has the following 13 expertise
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
Showing 3 of 14
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brick E Alva - Posted on May 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brick E Alva - Posted on March 26th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Brick E Alva - Posted on January 12th, 2011
My husband had CT scan in ER before hospitalizing for cholecystectomy, and it showed white matter on my husband's stomach. During the surgery the surgeon didn't see anything. After that my husband was referred to this doctor for an endoscopy. Endoscopy showed H.Pylori but no signs of any "white something" on my husband's stomach. After that Dr. Alva suggested some sort of X Ray, that had to be done in Harlingen and if that didn't help then to have another surgery to find out what that thing is (?). My husband said that there would be easier to do another CT scan, because he remembered that he didn't remove the heating pad from his back before the procedure and if it was possible for that to affect the CT scan result, but Dr. Alva said that he doesn't doubt CT scan person professionalism. My husband went to our family doctor and he ordered another CT scan. There was nothing on that second CT scan of course.
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Brick E Alva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsBRICK EDUARDO ALVA MD, 11738 FM 1960 Rd W, Houston, TX
Dr. Brick E Alva is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Houston, TX.