Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Brigid A Morris has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Brigid A Morris has the following 10 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
I was recently referred to Dr. Morris from a family member - what a great recommendation! I cant say enough positive things about my visits with Dr. Morris. She is through and takes her time to answer all my questions and genuinely cares. My only negative is she is seeing patients on a part time basis- makes it hard to get to see her- other than that, she is awesome
She had a mtg with a drug rep during the time of the patient's *scheduled* appt. Patient was kept waiting for over 45 mins, just in the lobby. Makes snap decisions based on whatever runs through her mind at the time. Doesn't take any information given by the family and/or caregiver(s) in account when making diagnosis (i.e. condoning use of laxatives for multiple daily bowel movements even though they are already less than the ideal firmness). Condones the use of diet(s) for weight control when patient is already underweight.After our first mtg, I felt like it may be an issue of personality conflict. Now, I have facts and proof (versus opinion) of her not heeding the word of anyone else.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
Dr. Morris is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. Brigid A Morris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCabarrus Pediatrics, 201 Dale Earnhardt Blvd, Kannapolis, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Brigid A Morris in this video.
Dr. Brigid A Morris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kannapolis, NC.