Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Bruce B Cleeremans
Dr. Bruce B Cleeremans, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Irvine, CA, with another office in Irvine, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Cleeremans is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, South Coast Global Medical Center and Chapman Global Medical Center. Dr. Cleeremans has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Bruce B Cleeremans has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Memory Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Migraine Disorders
Showing 5 of 29
I like Dr. Cleeremans. He is a very nice Doctor and very helpful. I thought he was very caring. He explains things to you so that you can understand them. He made me feel very comfortable. I recommend him. Its hard to call and get someone to answer. But if you can be patient, they will call eventually. My wife asked for a copy of my MRI X-ray for my records and the front desk lady was angry that we asked and said NO. She told us to go get it from the place that did the MRI. I was told it was ok to ask for things like that by my Brother in law who is a Dr. Guess not...
Dr. Is MIA after one appointment which was questionable at best. If your looking for a doctor who takes his profession seriously go elsewhere! I called repeatedly in the morning, afternoon & late afternoon never reaching anyone. I left countless detailed messages with my name, phone number & reason for the call speaking in a slow clear voice & NEVER got any call back. I have now called my GP asking for a different referral so I can take my business elsewhere.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Cleeremans is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. Bruce B Cleeremans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Bruce B Cleeremans in this video.
Dr. Bruce B Cleeremans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.