Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Caleb M Adler
Dr. Caleb M Adler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH, with another office in Cincinnati, OH. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Caleb M Adler has 2 locations
260 Stetson St Ste 3200
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Book Online Now
Dr. Caleb M Adler has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Caleb M Adler has the following 12 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Caleb M Adler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
27 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1991
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Caleb M Adler Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Caleb M Adler
Dr. Caleb Adler is a board certified psychiatrist with clinical privileges at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. An associate professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Dr. Adler co-directs the Division of Bipolar Disorders Research at the UC College of Medicine, and serves as medical director for the Center for Imaging Research. He joined the University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute in 2009. Dr. Adler completed his residency in psychiatry at Georgetown University Medical Center, where he was chief resident in psychiatry. After completing his training, he joined the intramural program of the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) as a senior staff fellow in the Experimental Therapeutics Branch. It was during this fellowship that Dr. Adler developed his interest in studying mood and psychotic disorders. After completing a four-year fellowship at the NIMH, Dr. Adler joined the faculty at the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Adler sees a wide range of patients through the faculty practice at the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, as well as through the Mental Health Access Point, which is the "front door" to the Hamilton County public mental health system. His research focuses primarily on the treatment for, and the neuropathophysiology of, bipolar and related disorders. He has received grant funding from the NIH as well as multiple foundations.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Caleb M Adler is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.