Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Carmine A Sorbera has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Carmine A Sorbera has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Blood Clot
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
Showing 5 of 23
Dr Sorbera is an excellent Doctor and an outstanding Human being, he is very kind and takes the time to explain how things will be done in terms you can understand, he talks to you and not down to you. he will also go out of his way to help you, and always goes that extra mile to make sure that you get the best care any where.
My wife's had a heart condition for a long time, since an early teenanger. Transitioning from pediatric to an adult cardiologist, she was recommended to see Dr. Sorbera. Dr. Sorbera did an echo, which he misdiagnosed to be more severe than it was. Other tests were run, and in a cold and unsympathetic way, told an early 20's year old girl that she'd require a defibrillator be installed for her heart. Her world came crashing down and fear poured in as her previous doctors always said that in comparison to others with the same heart condition that her's was very mild. We immediately decided on getting a second opinion and have never looked back. Any other cardiologist we've spoken to have said that there's NO WAY she's even close to needing something as drastic as a defibrillator. She still to this day gets over-worried when she thinks her heart may be acting up. This is another case of certain doctors quickly diagnosing problems and prescribing the wrong treatments by doctors that are pushing you along like cattle waiting for the next patient. I would NEVER in my life recommend anyone to Dr. Sorbera.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1983
Westchester Medical Center
Dr. Carmine A Sorbera accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWESTCHESTER HEART AND VASCULAR, 19 Bradhurst Ave Ste 700, Hawthorne, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carmine A Sorbera, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Hawthorne, NY, in this video.
Dr. Carmine A Sorbera is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hawthorne, NY.