Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carol L Glaskin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Psychotic Affective Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Eating Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I didn't have a positive experience with Glaskin. She was unwilling to listen to my input and past history.She believes her way is the only way! I found her to be unkind not caring toward me.She discredited everything I ever said! During my journey through mental health issues ( which I add I'm 67) I have met a few Doctors ! I have never been treated the way Glaskin chose to treat me ! I have empathy to everyone that walks into her office for treatment!
Initially Dr. Glaskin was helpful; however, during the past year or so she seems to have declined into what I can only decribe as a state of feckless incoherence. Much of the time, she seems confused and distracted, and her reasoning has become disjointed and erratic to the point that I often have little idea what she is actually trying to say. To make matters worse, she does not welcome questions, which she either ignores completely, deflects dismissively, or ridicules petulantly. In short, she seems wholly disinterested in the patient's point of view, whilst holding her own in high regard. Professional detachment has become a thing of the past; and recent sessions have featured unnecessary conflict and personal disparagement of the patient seeking her assistance.
She was incompetent in treating me. My experience with her was horrible! I saw her for depression and ADD and she took me off 1 of my antidepressants and in 3 mos. I went in a downward spiral, lost 30 lbs., didn't care about life, cried all time, felt hopeless and when I told her, she did nothing, except tell me I needed more counseling and there was nothing else she could do for me! Then tell me we were out of time! What kind of a mental health dr. does this? I would never recommend her!! Thank God I knew I was done with her! Found another doctor that helped me tremendously!!
I left every appointment with Dr. Glaskin feeling depressed, discouraged, frustrated, and misunderstood. Instead of identifying and encouraging strengths/achievements, her approach is to focus on weaknesses/failures. Intolerant of emotional expression (I.e. crying), unpredictable, always appeared rushed, and incorrectly prescribed medication on multiple occasions.
40 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Carol L Glaskin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunpointe Health, 320 Rolling Ridge Dr Ste 100, State College, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Carol L Glaskin in this video.
Dr. Carol L Glaskin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near State College, PA.