Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Carolyn S Wilson has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Carolyn S Wilson has the following 16 expertise
- Breast Exam
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Adolescent Medicine
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
Dr. Carolyn S Wilson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Carolyn S Wilson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Went for an annual as a new patient in 2012 and had to wait a very long time in waiting room for my appointment. This was particularly aggravating since my husband had to take leave from work to watch our kids and since it was almost a 40 min. drive each way for me. When Dr. Wilson did finally see me, I do not remember receiving any explanation for her tardiness. I did, however, find her to have a likeable bedside manner, and I decided to stay with her. Unfortunately, when I called later the following year to be seen for a follow up visit from an infection I was treated for at an urgent care center, I was told I would need to see a nurse or go elsewhere since Dr. Wilson only had time for her established patients. I explained I had just had a baby a few months ago and hadn't yet scheduled mu annual as a result, but the scheduler was not willing to treat me as an established patient. Needless to say I will be looking for a new practice -- she seems to have too many patients to be able to tend to them in a timely and caring manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
31 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Carolyn S Wilson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWinchester Womens Center, 1820 Plaza Dr, Winchester, VA
Dr. Carolyn S Wilson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winchester, VA.