Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Catherine C Larned has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Showing 5 of 49
I believe that Dr Larned is primarily concerned about her money and not the patients health. On several occasions she indicated that she had no record of what medications I was on and would ask me to remind her what I was taking. On another occasion my mother's dog took a dump in her parking lot. All I heard during my session was the necessity that I clean it up. When I had a family emergency and cancelled an appointment a day in advance I documented the emergency yet Larned sent me notice that I owed her $103 for the appointment. She then refused to renew my prescription unless I pay the penalty. I'm on disability and she knows that $103 is weeks income. She has since given notice that she turned the account over to a collection agency and expects me to pay her, when I've gone on to another DR.
We were desperate to find a psychiatrist for my 14 old grandson for whom I was guardian. After a suicide attempt at his private school he was hospitalized and put on medication in Pa. and discharged to me in Ft Myers. Dr. Larned agreed to see him when no one else would. His pediatrician of 6 years refused to see him or provide even interim meds and referred us to Tampa for treatment. Dr. Larned saved all our sanity. She was reassuring to all of us, and most important to him. His recovery was excellent. As a retired psychotherapist myself, I know how to evaluate others.
37 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Catherine C Larned accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCatherine C Larned Md, 4707 Pine Island Rd NW, Matlacha, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Catherine C Larned in this video.
Dr. Catherine C Larned is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Matlacha, FL.