Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cathy C Tong has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cathy C Tong has the following 7 expertise
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Weight Loss
Dr. Cathy C Tong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
Met Dr Tong after my PCP went to another network. Was nervous about the transition and I had been with the other physician for about 15 years. From the moment Dr Tong entered the examination room, she exuded such enthusiasm in seeing me. I am 86 years old. Dr Tong was careful about listening to my concerns and she put me at ease so quickly. She made me feel I was her only patient and explained things so very simply. Her manner and professionalism are stellar.
MD has major ego issues. Should listen to patients instead of thinking she has all the answers. Yes, we understand YOU are the MD but WE as patients know our bodies and know what we are feeling. Don't brush us off for your ego's sake. You can be a caring, compassionate MD without being cruel and mean and brushing peoples concerns off with snide comments and remarks. You have a lot to learn as a doctor and I certainly hope you don't mis-diagnose or not diagnose someone completely because of your ego.
Dr. Tong cares more about money than her patients. I've been seeing her for almost 5 years and have had nothing but problems. At most I visit the doctors office twice a year and she and her staff are intolerable and incompetent. Expect to wait 5+ hours for a call back, and its from the staff and they have no idea what their talking about but always suggest you make an appointment. Dr. Tong has absolutely no bedside manner and will spend the entire appointment staring at her computer screen. Don't mention anything outside of your heartbeat and blood pressure during a physical, or she will double charge for the appointment. She sent me for an ultrasound for something that was found during a routine exam and when I requested that she discuss the results over the phone with me, I received an email. When I called again to request a call back from her, I was told if I wanted to discuss my results further I would need to make an appointment. She's plain awful. I've lost all hope that she actually went into a profession where she cares about her patients more than her paycheck.
21 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Cathy C Tong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCathy C Tong Md, 57 Dedham Ave, Needham, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cathy C Tong in this video.
Dr. Cathy C Tong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Needham, MA.