Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charlece S Hughes has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Migraine Disorder
- Parkinson Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 43
My primary physician advised me to go to my neurologist after I complained of similar symptoms that I had after having a silent stroke a year and a half before. My first visit to Dr. Hughes (after my stroke went well). However, a year and a half later she talked to me as if I was an idiot for even coming to her. My primary care physician advised me to go back since I had already had one silent stroke. She also walked out of the room while I was still talking to her. I have never written a negative report about a doctor before, but this could not go without a response. I will never go back to her or recommend her. I will also add that a friend of mine had already told me how rude she was when she took her father to see her. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and went, anyway because I wanted a woman doctor. I have never been treated so rudely by a doctor.
Dr. Hughes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Charlece S Hughes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClinical Neuro Science, 1307 8th Ave Ste 408, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Charlece S Hughes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.