Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Charles B Stone has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Charles B Stone has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Charles B Stone is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles B Stone - Posted on June 13th, 2018
I CANNOT recommend this practice based on my experience! Major attitude from the office manager Michelle!! I called to get clarification about the bill for my annual wellness/physical exam and why and what I was charged and almost immediately she began speaking to me in a very condescending tone, as if I was some child. Additionally, I asked for an explanation of what is INCLUDED in my annual exam and why I was charged an office visit as well and she struggled to provide a clear and accurate answer. When I asked to speak to Dr. Stone, she flat out refused! I requested to have Dr. Stone call be back to discuss her own unprofessional treatment of me on the phone, she advised he "He is not going to call you back over $20." I advised it was not about the $20, but about her condescending nature and unprofessional tone. She promptly advised me that I don't have to come to their office for my future healthcare. Bottom line, services should be explained to the patient at the start of or before the office visit and the Dr. Should be aware that the office manager is potentially driving their patients away with their unprofessional treatment of patients. I would think twice before selecting this office for healthcare. AGAIN, I cannot recommend this practice based on my experience!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles B Stone - Posted on April 13th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles B Stone - Posted on February 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles B Stone - Posted on October 20th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles B Stone - Posted on April 29th, 2013
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Stone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Health System
Dr. Charles B Stone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsINTERNAL MEDICINE SPECIALTY ASSOCIATES, 3700 Washington St Ste 305, Hollywood, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles B Stone, MD - Internal Medicine in Hollywood, FL, in this video.
Dr. Charles B Stone is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.