Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chester Algood
Dr. Chester Algood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL, with another office in Gainesville, FL. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Algood is affiliated with Shands at Starke, Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Shands at AGH. He speaks English.
Dr. Chester Algood has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Disease
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Algood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shands at Starke
Malcolm Randall Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Shands at AGH
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Lake City
Shands Hospital at The Univ. of Florida
Shands at Lake Shore
Shands at UF
Ayers Surgery Center
Shands at The University of FL
Shands at Live Oak
33 Years Experience
University of Kentucky
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Chester Algood accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chester Algood in this video.
Dr. Chester Algood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.