Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheston M Reed Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Reed has been my OBGYN for many years. Although he continues to be a very attentive and thorough physician, his staff is terrible. In the last 2 years my insurance was filed incorrectly, my test results were not sent to me as promised, repeated requests for test results go unanswered. Few callbacks were conducted by a person who was obviously unqualified to realay the information back to a patient. I am very disappointed. Requests to speak to Dr. Reed directly went unanswered. For this reason I must give him one star. I hope he reads this review and draws some conclusions. No matter how excellent a physician is, his staff can undo all his good work with their poor work ethics.
Dr Reed is by far the best Dr to see for any GYN or OB needs. He has delivered 2 of my children. I refer everyone I know to him. He has the best bedside manner of any Dr I have ever had. He makes sure to tend to every need of each patient and make you feel like more than just a patient! He even came in and delivered me on his day off bc I am such a difficult patient to get along with other Dr.s!! :) He is amazing! And his knowledge of Diabetes sets him far apart from all other OBs in the area, including the high risk ones! He is fabulous!
Dr. Reed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Cheston M Reed Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemphis Midsouth Ob/Gyn Alliance, 6215 Humphreys Blvd Ste 400, Memphis, TN
Dr. Cheston M Reed Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.