Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine M Herdman MD
Dr. Christine M Herdman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newark, DE, with another office in Newark, DE. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Herdman is affiliated with St Francis Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine M Herdman has 2 locations
537 Stanton Christiana Rd Ste 203
Newark, DE 19713
4923 Ogletown Stanton Rd Ste 100
Newark, DE 19713
Book Online Now
Dr. Christine M Herdman has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine M Herdman has the following 8 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine M Herdman - Posted on January 30th, 2018
The more experience she gets the harder it is to get to her. Guessing with repeat patients and their recommendation she is in demand and rightfully so. Discovered cancer in my 40 ish daughter which saved her life. She discovered AVMs in me which were very hard to find. But for her persistence I would be in real trouble losing blood and developing symptoms without any explanation or treatment. Getting harder to get on her schedule as her reputation grows. Down to earth, doesn't talk over you, sees you as a person not just another account.
Dr. Herdman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Christine M Herdman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christine M Herdman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Newark, DE.