Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Christine T Thai has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine T Thai has the following 9 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Christine T Thai has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 29
I love Dr Thai, she is very knowledgeable, kind, caring, funny, patient, and best of all she has a great bedside manner. She will take the time to learn about your ailments and what the options are for treatment. She has a wonderful staff and is very well liked by all her patients that I know. Top notch rheumatologist in my book! <3
I've seen this Doctor multiple times. She's knowledgeable, but seems to care more about what insurance will and will not cover, than what is best for the patient. Her office manager has a bad attitude and is very unhelpful. When my insurance expired I called to make an appointment as a cash patient. When I asked how much a cash appointment would be, she replied condescendingly "it's very expensive". Very rude in my opinion. She was reluctant to answer my question about cost and after 5 minutes of pushing her to give me a direct answer I finally found out that an hour with the doctor was $200-$300. Close to what I expected to pay - and normal for a doctor in her niche but I decided not to return because of the patronizing office manager. Very RUDE and UNHELPFUL. This office does not provide good service.
I was referred to Dr. Thai by my ophthalmologist but never made it in to see her because of the office staff. When I called a lady answered and immediately put me on hold, or so I thought. But she had actually hung up on me and when I called again there was a generic message telling patients to call back at another time. (It was exactly 12 oclock and they must have gone to lunch) I tried again a 1 later, but the same message played in my ear. So I went online to read reviews of Dr. Thai and found that the office staff is rated very low. My initial experience and then reading the reviews made me decide to look elsewhere for a rheumatologist and thankfully my doctor had given me two names. I personally want to connect with the doctor I choose to see and if there staff is unprofessional I know I wont feel comfortable in the long run.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Christine T Thai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsNewport Medical Group, 19582 Beach Blvd Ste 302, Huntington Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine T Thai, MD - Rheumatology in Huntington Beach, CA, in this video.
Dr. Christine T Thai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.