Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher F Colopinto
Dr. Christopher F Colopinto, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Camden, NJ, with another office in Berlin, NJ. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Colopinto is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Penn Presbyterian Medical Center and Kennedy Health System Cherry Hill Campus. Dr. Colopinto has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher F Colopinto has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Christopher F Colopinto has the following 73 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Eating Disorders
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Nutritional Support
- Women's Health
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Trigger Finger Disorder
- Smoking Cessation
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Stomach Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Sprains and Strains
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Seizure Disorders
- Intestinal Diseases
- Lyme Disease
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Alternative Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Urinary Retention
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 11
This office is the worst. I called on a Thursday and got an appointment for Monday - that was easy. The appointment maker Tia wasn't especially nice or anything I could tell she lack any customer service skills but I was able to be seen so that's what mattered. I show up on Monday after fasting since midnight for a 9:15am appointment and end of waiting for an hour and a half to see the doctor. I complained at the desk to Tia and with as much attitude as she could muster she made it clear that she could care less. When I finally got back to see Dr. Colopinto and came in the room and told me he'd be right back and went in another room and I heard him taking with a drug rep that was visiting about which cable provider they preferred. When he came in the room I told him off. I told him that he may not respect my time and that I do and I understood where that nasty Tia at the front desk get the gall to treat people as she do - he's the example. He apologized and said that if I didn't want to proceed he would understand. I had them finish my testing since I stayed there so long. The form that I brought in for them states to fax to a certain number it will be 2 weeks this coming Monday I don't have the results back. I think he is a disgrace as well as his receptionist which is why their office is a mess. Too bad for Camden.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Colopinto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Christopher F Colopinto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christopher F Colopinto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Camden, NJ.