Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher P Guarisco
Dr. Christopher P Guarisco, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baton Rouge, LA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Guarisco is affiliated with Ochsner Medical Center Baton Rouge. Dr. Guarisco has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher P Guarisco has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christopher P Guarisco has the following 8 expertise
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Christopher P Guarisco has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I honestly don't see how anyone could rank Dr. Guarisco lower than five stars. He is highly qualified, listens to his patients and is always willing to discuss whether one treatment or medicine is better or another for particular case. Treats his patients as intelligent equal partners in their care. He is a busy man, but always takes whatever time is necessary to make sure his patients get the best care possible.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Guarisco is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1991
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Christopher P Guarisco accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOchsner Health Center Mid City, 8150 Jefferson Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher P Guarisco in this video.
Dr. Christopher P Guarisco is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baton Rouge, LA.