Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher F Liu has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Catheter Ablation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Heart Block
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
Showing 5 of 12
Dr Liu has excellent skills and has a very good bedside manner. However, his office staff has not followed through on communications with my pharmacy causing delays in meds, have been unprofessional on the phone with me when I've tried to explain health concerns, have told me that they have either received or sent test results but did not, and do not return phone calls causing me to call several times to resolve medication issues or follow up after a monitor study after an ER stay.
I had Afib and was referred to Dr. Liu by my cardiologist. Dr. Liu was extremely personable and thorough and explained my condition well, including drawings of the heart chambers and the location of the veins, etc. He also told me exactly what the ablation procedure would entail and I felt I was in very good hands when I went in for the ablation. The procedure was quite long , and Dr. Liu called my family immediately after I went to the recovery holding room and talked a long time and asked if they had any questions-a very patient doctor. His staff had already called my home twice during the procedure to give updates, also. I am recuperating at home now, and Dr. Liu emphasized that I was not to hesitate to call him at anytime if I was concerned about any happenings during the recuperation period, because he said he didn't want me to worry. So far, I think I made an excellent choice of doctors.
I'm a 66-year-old male, diagnosed last year with atrial flutter/fib. I was apprehensive because of my strong paternal-family history of heart disease. Dr. Liu knows his subject very well and explained the options in a way I could understand. He listens well and looked me straight in the eye. As of now, I'm on flecainide, and Dr. Liu will be my first choice for ablation(s).His assistants are good and diligent, but some of the NY Presbyterian support staff are less so.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Christopher F Liu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWeil Cornell Medical College, 520 E 70th St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher F Liu in this video.
Dr. Christopher F Liu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.