Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Claude S Burton III has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne Rosacea
- Leg Ulcer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Vascular Malformations
- Skin Diseases
- Laser Surgery
- Vascular Tumor (Hemangioma)
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Skin Cancer
- Wounds and Injuries
Showing 5 of 5
I've had a keloid scar (a scar that, in a sense, grows and "moves) since I was 7 years old. In the nearly 10 years since then, I've have the scar removed once by a normal surgeon, to no avail, and removed completely by a plastic surgeon, which hardly helped either. After those attempts, I started going to a physical therapist for help on keeping the scar from growing. This was extremely helpful until the therapist moved elsewhere, and when I stopped the treatments, one small portion of the scar has stopped growing, but the rest continued as usual. Just as I was running out of hope, my doctor recommended to me Dr. Claude Burton and his laser treatments. Even though I've only had 2 treatments so far, they've been a massive help and I easily recommend anyone who has suffered from a keloid scar or similar skin problem to this doctor.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Dr. Claude S Burton III accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Claude S Burton III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.