Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Corinna E Weckerle has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Corinna E Weckerle has the following 13 expertise
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Corinna E Weckerle has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
I don't usually write reviews, but I was so impressed with Dr. Weckerle that I felt compelled to add my experience here. Dr. Weckerle listened carefully, asked insightful questions, and worked with me to find what worked best for me. I like her straightforward and honest approach. She really knows her stuff and was great at explaining everything to help me understand my options. Highly reccommend!
I have been searching for a diagnosis for my painful arthritis for over 10 years. My new primary care physician referred me to Dr. Weckerle's practice. Within two visits she had the problem diagnoised. The medications she perscribed have worked wonders for me. I am impressed with her quick diagnosis and the caring manner in which she treats my condition and follows up on my healthcare needs.
Poor doctor. She failed to provide medical care, causing a medical emergency in which I could have died. She continues to refuse medical care, but keeps billing me for appointments where nothing happens (oh, they check my weight and temperature...) She seems afraid that if she pescribes medicine, she'll be sued, so she doesn't. Nurses are AWFUL - mean, snotty. Desk staff nice. Got to get out of there.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
14 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group, 27650 Ferry Rd, Warrenville, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Corinna E Weckerle in this video.
Dr. Corinna E Weckerle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warrenville, IL.