Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cory D Vergilio
Dr. Cory D Vergilio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Somerville, NJ, with other offices in Hillsborough, NJ and Warren, NJ . He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vergilio has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Cory D Vergilio has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cory D Vergilio has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Cory D Vergilio is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
Caring individual interest
I recently visited Dr vergilio for my checkup.I have been seeing him for many years,Hehas brought me through many stomach problems Gave me all the importment tests that I needed. He is a very good d Vergilio octor he listens to my problems and advises me as to what has t be done. He has a wonderful staff they are kind and understanding. Hi assistants Jaime and Linda are so wonderful. They really care about their patients. I couldn't ask for a better doctor than Doctor
I had some stomach trouble back in 1996. My gp recommended a colonoscopy. I'm really nervous about doctors, but Dr. Vergilio was very patient and put me as much at ease as possible. When it was determined that I had no intestinal issues, he ordered a prlvic ultrasound & referrred me to an ob/gyn, who found that I had an ovarian cyst. At my follow up with Dr. Vergilio a couple of days later, he realized that I was still experiencing stomach pains, and that I likely had more than just one thing causing my discomfort. He treated me for a peptic ulcer, and my pain finally went away. He has a calm and reassuring bedside manner, and was more than willing to take things at my pace when I felt nervous. If he had been a gp, I would still be going to him even now, twenty one years later, but thankfully I haven't needed anyone for any stomach or intestinal issues since then.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
29 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Cory D Vergilio accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cory D Vergilio in this video.
Dr. Cory D Vergilio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerville, NJ.