Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Cres A Rodriguez
Dr. Cres A Rodriguez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tampa, FL, with another office in Tampa, FL. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated with St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Rodriguez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Cres A Rodriguez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cres A Rodriguez has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Cres A Rodriguez has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Cres Rodriguez office staff are rude. It feels as if "they" are doing you a favor. Very unprofessional. But then again Dr. Rodriguez is an arrogant piece of work himself. We had been warned but decided to give him a try. Went twice, never again. If you need referrals, don't go to him. He's a know it all and gives you a hard time about referring out. Very pompous. I would never refer him at all levels. Him and his office staff.
I went there because my PCP closed his practice and I needed a refill on my cholesterol medicine that I've been on for years. On my first appointment, I was made to wait over 1 hour before seeing the doctor. The doctor was good and thorough, and he gave me a prescription for my medication for 1 month and had me do a blood test for future refills, which made perfect sense to me. He then informed me that they do not give test results over the phone. I found this a little bizarre, but I went along with it. They called me once they got the results and had me make another appointment. I did, paid my copay again, and had to wait 45 minutes to an hour past my appointment time to see the doctor. Once I was called back and the doctor came in the room, my test results were missing. Do these people think that their time is more important than mine? I was not happy about this, and the doctor did go ahead and give me a prescription for 6 months and told the nurse to put in my file to give me the results over the phone for this time. I then changed my PCP and will never go back there again!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rodriguez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Vernon Hospital
Dr. Cres A Rodriguez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cres A Rodriguez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.